SPECIAL GENERAL SESSION FOR REFURBISHMENT PROJECT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
LAKESIDE-GARDEN GROVE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
A California Nonprofit Corporation
OCTOBER 3, 2013
Notice of Meeting
In accordance with Civil Code §1363.05, notice of the meeting and the agenda was posted at the community mailboxes on 09/30/13 for the Special General Session of the Board of Directors of Lakeside-Garden Grove Homeowners Association held on the above date at the Offices of Optimum Professional Property Management, Tustin, CA.
A quorum of the five (5) member Board was established with the following Directors in attendance:
Directors Present: Patrick Turner, President
Dick Covert, Vice President
Jeannie Alliss, Treasurer
Martin Evans, Secretary
Phoebe Cho, Member-at-Large
Directors Absent: None
Others Present: David Fisher, CCAM, Optimum Professional Property Management, Inc. (ACMF®)
Dale Meredith, Design Build Associates
See Sign-In Sheet
Executive Session Disclosure
In accordance with State Statute, notice is hereby provided of an Executive Session of the Board of Directors held prior to this meeting on October 3, 2013 from 5:05 p.m. to 5:50 p.m. for the following:
• Contracts (Refurbishment Updates)
Call to Order
President and Presiding Chair, Patrick Turner, called the Special General Session of the Board of Directors to order directly following the Executive Session at 5:50 p.m.
In accordance with State Statute there were three (3) homeowners present and were given an opportunity to address the Board of Directors. The following items were presented:
• Refurbishment project
A motion was made, seconded and unanimously carried to APPROVE the minutes of the September 5, 2013 Special General Session as written.
Design Build Associates – Weekly Updates
Design Build Associates, the association’s project management firm, reviewed the weekly updates sent to the Board of Directors since the September 5, 2013 meeting. Owners that are calling management to report repairs to their unit are reported to Design Build Associates for evaluation. Should temporary repairs be needed, Design Build Associates is coordinating the repairs with the association’s current general contractors.
The Board and Design Build Associates discussed the status of the following items:
• Color schemes and revised trim color to the Sandalwood color were finalized and building 10520 will be utilized as the mock version for final review and inspection by the Board and color specialist.
• A motion was made, seconded and unanimously carried to APPROVE the proposal by Villa Park Landscape dated 10/03/13 for the amount not to exceed $13,945.00 for the removal of 7 Pine trees, a Giant Bird of Paradise, cap the existing irrigation and upgrade all irrigation and add new trees and Birds of Paradise and shrubs on each monument side of the community’s main entrance. The cost is to be confirmed by Villa Park Landscape after considering the utility and electrical lines that may hinder the project. On final confirmation from Javier Reyes of Villa Park Landscape, the project can move forward. The project invoice is to be paid through Operating G/L#8495 (Contingency).
• A motion was made, seconded and unanimously carried to APPROVE payment application #4 to Del Mar Pacific as presented by Design Build Associates. In the amount of $217,904.00. The invoice will be paid in accordance with the pre-set refurbishment G/L codes as necessary.
• Satellite cables will not be removed prior to painting throughout the community, pending new rule and policy changes.
• Entry gate and retaining wall progress is slow but progressing as proposals for all work have been requested with two proposal pending receipt by Design Build Associates. One initial proposal has been obtained from Del Mar Pacific in the form of a change order at roughly $53,000.00 for the engineering work needed to be completed to the retainer wall. Management and the Board have asked for a secondary proposal.
• Signage scope has been reviewed and tentatively approved by the Board pending adjustments to the material being finalized by Design Build Associates.
The next Special Refurbishment Meeting of the Board of Directors meeting is Thursday, November 7, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. for Executive Session and 6:00 p.m. for General Session and Homeowners Forum at Optimum Professional Property Management, Tustin, CA.
There being no further business to come before the Board of Directors in General Session, a motion was made, seconded and unanimously carried to ADJOURN at 8:00 p.m.
I, ___________________________________, duly Appointed and Acting Secretary of Lakeside-Garden Grove Homeowners Association do hereby certify that the foregoing is a true and correct copy of the Minutes of the General Session of the Board of Directors held on the date listed above, as approved by the Board of Directors of Lakeside-Garden Grove Homeowners Association.
Appointed Secretary Date